Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help with staying in the Alps

I am planning to spend time in Nuremburg then I would like to spend 2-3 days in the Alps. I already know that I don%26#39;t want to be anywhere near Munich. Like Fussen or Mittenwald ect.. I was thinking of Salzburg or near Lake Constance. But can%26#39;t make up my mind.



I know we want to take a cable car, and just have time to slow down and relax and enjoy nature maybe do some hiking (nothing to hard)



What can you tell me about the areas I am thinking of and what is your opinion?



Thanks




|||



Well, since you do not say why you are opposed to Mittenwald, it is hard to know what you are really looking for.





We love Salzburg and it has great access to the Salzkammergut for day trips. Lots of good hotels and restaurants, very walkable and a nice place overall. If you want a smaller town, perhaps Zell am See would be a good option.




|||



Oberstdorf/Allgäu



http://www.oberstdorf.de





Berchtesgadener Land



http://www.berchtesgadener-land.info




|||



I agree with abalada about Oberstdorf or nearby places, like Fischen, or my favorite, the Kleine Walsertal, a valley consisting of 4 villages in an Austrian enclave accessible through Obersdorf




|||



Thanks for the replies. We are planning are trip Sept. 2010. My husband fears that with Oktoberfest and with the Passion Play going on it will be crazy busy. I myself would like to go to Salzburg he is open to anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment