Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dusseldorf AP to Wuppertal

How shall I travel from Dusseldorf Airport to Wuppertal for the ver der Heydt Museum? I%26#39;m anxious to see the Monet exhibition.





Additionally, does anyone know what arrangements have to be made to see the exhibit? I expect that it%26#39;s a ticketed, timed entry showing, but I was unable to access the information page of the museum%26#39;s web site. Is there another information source?





Thank you/BCT




|||



There is nothing mentioned about prebooking tickets or timed entry neither on the museum website nor on the exhibition website. This makes me draw the conclusion that there is no prebooking and no time slot. You go, stand in line, buy a ticket and walk in.





If you want to be sure, phone the hotline: +49-202-563-2626





As for getting there, use the Deutsche Bahn website: http://www.bahn.de



From: DUS



To: Wuppertal Hbf



The museum is within walking distance from Wuppertal central station.




|||



Hi -





Thank you so much for your quick response. I saw a piece about this exhibition on a German channel on our cable service last night and thought I should take advantage of the fact that I%26#39;ll be in Europe in November. There must have been a lot of traffic on the museum%26#39;s web site, because it was difficult to access and very slow to load. I%26#39;m surprised that a showing of this importance would not have special ticketing and fees, however, I%26#39;m certainly not going to complain. Thank you again for your research efforts on my behalf.





Happy Canadian Thanksgiving/BCT




|||



Travel to Wuppertal by local trains .



The von der Heydt museum is near the main train station



Wuppertal HBF



Take local train S7 (in the airport building) direction %26quot;Solingen%26quot; and change in Düsseldorf HBF.



Take train RE7 or RE13 to Wuppertal



You find details there : www.vrr.de





You can prebook the ticket online : monet-ausstellung.de/Ticketreservierung.html





Sorry, the website is in German, but if you don%26#39;t know how to do it , write an Email von-der-heydt-museum@stadt.wuppertal.de

No comments:

Post a Comment