Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Choosing a backpack for 3 week travel

Hello,





I am trying to choose a pack that I could use on a three week trip to Europe. I will be in Sweden for 5 days and the rest traveling around Germany by foot/train. The pack would be used for myself as the only luggage I will bring. I will be staying in hostels and hotels for the most part. I will not be bringing any camping gear, so do not need room for that. I will maily bring clothes, 1 pair of shoes, SLR camera, and other items. I will wash clothes as needed.





What size pack should I be looking at? 70 liter, 85 litre?





If anyone has experience with brands out there, let me know. Price is not really an issue. I want a good pack, that I will also use after the trip for general hiking trips.





Models that I have been looking at:





The North Face - Primero 70 or 85



Arcteryx - Bora 65, 80 or 95





Recommendations for Gregory or Mountain Hardware?



Other tips for packing?





Thanks for any help you can provide.




|||



Gregory and Arcteryx make wonderful, durable packs -- they%26#39;re pricier but you get better designed, high-quality products. If you plan on using the pack in the future to go hiking or whatnot for extended periods, you should shoot for something over 4500 cubic inches...like a Gregory Baltoro or Denali Pro...or an Arcteryx Khamsin, Briza, or Bora... I%26#39;d pay particular attention to how the interior is organized, the weight, and try it out at a store to see which seems to fit your build and needs the best. Hope this helps.




|||



Have a look at the Deuter range of bags. Great quality and lots of useful detailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment