Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where?

My daughter and I want to visit Germany in the summer. I would like to see Dachau and be able to buy a cookoo clock but other than that I have no preference about where to go in Germany. Can any one give me any suggestions about where the best place in Germany with the most things for a 17 year old and her mom to see? Thanks for your help!




|||



For a 17 year old, I would head to Berlin. While there you can go to Sachsenhausen rather then Dachau, (unless you had a personal reason for going to Dachau) Both camps are very similar.





While in Berlin, you can head to Potsdam which your daughter will love. I know my daughter did when I took her there when she was 17. Lots of activities in Berlin for anyone and it is simply exciting there. There are other side trips you can make too, like to Luebeck or Quedlinburg.





Cuckoo clocks you can buy anywhere. Any decent souvenir store will have the hand carved ones from the Ergebirge, which is what you want.




|||



Are there cuckoo clocks in the Erzgebirge? I doubt it, because they are a tradtition of the Black Forest. The Erzgebirge is famous for woodcarvings but not cuckoo clocks.



Shops in Berlin will have them. Hand-carved ones that are not %26quot;Made in China%26quot; will cost quite some money.



Be warned, though - a cuckoo clock in the house becomes nerve-whacking after a while.




|||



Whoops, sorry about that mix-up mistake with the Erzgebirge and Black Forest. That is what I get for typing too early in the morning!




|||



Just looking at your photo of the ride on your profile image you could look at getting an exceptionally cheap flight to Memmingen with Ryanair which is in southern Bavaria and there is a cool fun %26#39;sky park%26#39; nearby, also you are not a million miles from Europa Park which is fun packed also. This could get you started -




|||



That sounds cool! I would love that! What about Ziplines? Any of those close by?




|||



That sounds cool! I would love that! What about Ziplines? Any of those close by?




|||



There are %26quot;Fun Forests%26quot; all over Germany and in other countries too. I haven%26#39;t checked the Berlin area, but I am sure there must be some up there. They are a blast. Even if you are older, like me. The one we went to this summer for my birthday, had lots of zip lines incorporated into the course.




|||



Here are some websites from places near Frankfurt so you can get an idea. I know there are some in Bavaria and Austria too.





http://www.abenteuerpark-offenbach.de/





www.kletterwald-darmstadt.de/fotos.html





http://www.kletterwald-taunus.de





and in the Netherlands



http://www.funforest.nl/?lan=english

No comments:

Post a Comment