Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Need help in exploring dusseldorf

I%26#39;ll have a one-week business trip in Dusseldorf in the first week of November and is trying to have a good plan so that i can explore the city and perhanps some of its nearby regions as much as possible.





I will be arriving on a sunday morning and leaving on saturday afternoon, and i don%26#39;t have any schedule on these two days. I would probably be free on Thursday for the whole day also. Other days will be occupied with meetings but evenings are bascially free.





It would be very very helpful if anyone can give me some advice on what to do and where to go, especially on my 2.5 free days in Dusseldorf. I may not visit Koln as I%26#39;ve done that in the past. I%26#39;m not especially into museums, and i%26#39;m not very crazy for shopping (may do some during the evenings, though).





Should I stay in Dusseldolf for my whole trip, or to spend a day or two to visit some schloss, nearby small towns, etc?




|||



You need to read a current guide book. Once you have an idea of the things that most pique your interest, you have some guidelines for the folks here on the forum. It%26#39;s not really fair to ask %26quot;what to do and where to go%26quot; without some sort of guidance with regard to your taste and interests. A wee bit of specificity would be a big help to these folks who volunteer their time so generously.




|||



thz for ready my post and trying to help^^



actually I%26#39;ve tried to read some info already but really felt a bit lost and not sure what would be the best to do





actually i couldn%26#39;t find much info from guidebooks available here. i did some online searching and found people talked about the altstadt, beer drinking in the street of bars, shopping in Ko, some museums...





as i mentioned, i%26#39;m not very into shopping and museums, i%26#39;ve been to Koln already, and would like to visit some scholss or nearby small towns if time allows. i%26#39;ll prefer doing some sightseeing. Of course, i%26#39;d like to explore the city of dusseldorf itself, say walking around the altstadt and along the Rhein, but i still have no idea what exactly i should look for, where else I should go and how long it would take for each spot....





it would be great if someone could give me some insight so that i could continue my search on them. thanks a lot!




|||



I recently traveled there at the end of September. We spent three days there and didn%26#39;t travel to any other cities. If you walk through the Alt there is a beautiful church to explore right by the Rhine. Also on the Rhine is a wonderful beer garden to sit and relax. I traveled with my father who is 70 and he%26#39;s not much into museums either so we really just spent the time walking around and relaxing. One thing I do recommend is Edelweiss Restaurant located at Huttenstrasse 30 (phone +49 211 376 097). The owners Tassilo and Sascha were wonderful, gracious hosts and the food was fantastic.





Hope you have a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment