Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Derag Max Emanuel

Is there anyone who is familiar with the hotel Derag Max Emanuel in the Haidhausen neighborhood? Two of us (separate rooms) are heading to Munich for six days before Christmas and the rate for this hotel (and what reviews we can find) look great. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.




|||



Since nobody has replied, I%26#39;ll give you an almost answer. I stayed at a Derag Hotel in Berlin, and it was perfect. Standards are usually %26quot;standard%26quot; among brand names, right?




|||



Thanks. I agree with the propositin that name brand hotels are usually consistent in most cities. The pruce at this hotel was so good (couldn%26#39;t stay at a cheap Motel 6 in the States for the price), I think I will go with it.




|||



I stayed there in July this year. I was quite happy with the choice. Quiet location except that they tore down an apartment block next to the hotel. I had requested a quiet room, though, and they gave me one on the opposite end of the hotel so that wasn%26#39;t an issue.





Room was a bit outdated but surprisingly large (23 m2) with balcony and a kitchenette (yay!). I saw some stains on the carpet, otherwise it was very clean. Breakfast buffet was excellent. I would stay there again.





Internet access was quite expensive (lobby) for 15 minutes but ok for an hour (weird rates).




|||



have never stayed there, but its round the corner from my flat, so I can tell you its a great, central location.



You can walk to the Marienplatz in about 10-15 minutes and it is minutes away from the Rosenheimerplatz S-Bahn (2 stops to Marienplatz).



There are a few nice restaurants very close by and many more within easy walking reach.



There is a big building site going on next door and will not be finished by the time you come here.



Closeby alternatives are the Holiday Inn and Novotel. The novotel is apparently really nice, has a pool, sauna, fitness etc.




|||



Thank you all for your responses. Given the noise issue with the cionstruction, I decided to go with another hotel which has gotten near universal rave reviews and for which I got a great price: the Flemings Hotel Munich City. I hope that it was a good choice and will report back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment