Friday, March 30, 2012

Recommended hotels in Frankfurt

Hi, I am going to Frankfurt next August to see U2 at the Commerzbank Arena, and was wanting advise on a good hotel that is fairly nearby/central to the Arena.





Not too expensive but not shabby either please.





Adele :)




|||



Hi there. I%26#39;m currently researching exactly the same thing (U2, Aug 10th). The commerzbank arena is on the S-bahn (train) route with station at the arena. 10 minutes into Frankfurt, so any Frankfurt hotel seems appropriate. Hotels.com %26amp; Hotwire seem to have lots of good deals - check the deals then look at tripadvisor to sort which hotel is OK.



Good luck - I%26#39;ll be watching your post before I book (currently looking at a 5* on hotwire for 106 dollars a night - probably the Westin). Movenpick also has good reviews and cheaper.




|||



Have either of you looked on www.hrs.com yet? It is easy to control what hotels come up, by budget and neighborhood.





Look for hotels in Westend, Sachsenhausen, Ostend, Nordend, Bornheim. Staying near the train station is of course an option, but in the summer it can be noisy down there and many hotels do not have A/C, which I think I would be looking for in August.





Motel One is good one to look at too, as it is a straight shot with the tram #11 from the main train station. No chance of getting lost!





See some of my other posts on the forum here with my hotel recommendations. I usually keep them under 75 euro per night.

No comments:

Post a Comment