Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A question about sleeper carriages on german trains

Hi all, Hoping someone would be able to answer me , I don%26#39;t speak or understand written german and I have tried finding the ansder on the Bahn website, My wife and I are looking to book a double sleeper carraige from Munich to Rome in June next year, I know i can not book more then 3 months out, but what I am wanting to know is do these sleeper trains have private showers and bathrooms ? Is there a like where this info can be found




|||



Hi Pennywise4,





Here%26#39;s a link to the information in English describing the different options:





citynightline.de/nachtzugreise/view/en/klass…





Basically, there are cars with private showers, but they are the most expensive class, and will cost around 200-300E per person. They%26#39;ll be cheaper if you buy them in advance.





Have fun!





s




|||



That shower is reaaaaalllllly tiny too :-D I paid for it and never used it because there was just no room to move inside that cabin.




|||



If you bookfar enoug out you can sometimes get a price break on CityNightLine.





IF you are going to be traveling elsewhere by rail as well then most definitely look into the possibility of a pass since passholder fares, especially for those %26quot;deluxe double%26quot; compartments are considerably cheaper.





The shower...yes it isn%26#39;t huge..and then again a lot of travelers ARE




|||



Hi Pennywise





I booked our first class cabin a couple of months in advance, and got quite a good price. They arent many of them, and they sell out fairly quickly so keep an eye on them. The tickets arrived in the mail in about a week, very quick from Germany to Australia!





I did use the shower on our trip, yes it is small and you get water in 3 or 4 minute lots, but I definitely felt better for it! Quite an experience too.




|||



Thanks everyone, We will look at it a little further, I just thought it would be a fun idea, the shower being small isn%26#39;t really that big of a deal, although I may not fit ( 6%26#39; 3 ) we could catch the train there during the day and that might be better, at least we get to see things.

No comments:

Post a Comment