Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stuttgart to Freiburg tranportation by bus possible?

I am flying into Stuttgart airport and I am going to Freiburg. By local trains I have to make 4 changes.Is there a bus going to Freiburg instead? IC trains too high. Thanks




|||



No.





Have you checked if you can get a Rail%26amp;Fly ticket from your airline? These cover all trains.



Lufthansa EUR 20,00



GermanWings EUR 24,99



Air Berlin EUR 25,00






|||



Rail%26amp;Fly info by DB



bahn.de/international/…rail_fly.shtml




|||



Thank you abalada, no, I didn%26#39;t know but I am new at this and have no idea how to get the ticket. I am flying with Lufthansa from Athens. Should I call them and ask?




|||



Rail%26amp;Fly would be the best way. However, the cost of a Baden-Wuerttemberg day train ticket is only 19€ single or 28€ for a group of 2-5 people for this trip by regional train. It also will cover all local transportation within Baden-Wuerttemberg such as buses, trams, U-bahns and S-bahns.




|||



Thank you marcopolo. I just spoke to the airline and said that I would have to book it at the same time with the airline ticket. As for the %26quot;ticket single%26quot;, this is what I try to avoid as I have to make many changes. Do you know anything about a bus, maybe?




|||



%26gt;Do you know anything about a bus, maybe?





Look, it%26#39;s not about %26quot;knowing%26quot; or not. There are no long distance busses in Germany. The public transportation is based on the train network. There are no bus services competing with trains. There are charter bus companies but you are not going to charter a bus unless you are a group of 25-30 persons.




|||



Thank you all very much. It%26#39;s only this year I started planning %26amp; traveling on my own - used to travel w/ oranized tours - so there is so much I don%26#39;t know...



I think you people are great being so willing to



help people like me, who sometimes sound so naive..




|||



I don%26#39;t know anything about this but I have been told that the BW day ticket is valid all day and when you get to your end station in Freiburg, it is always possible to find someone to buy the ticket from you at a discount. This also applies in reverse if you are lucky at Stuttgart Airport.





But this is based on what I have been told, nothing more.




|||



No, this does not work. You are not allowed to give your ticket to someone else. You have to write your name on the Baden-Württemberg ticket - they know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment