Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Berlin to Cologne by train - worth skipping the plane ?

I will be visiting Berlin on the last weekend of November but need to be in Brussels on Tuesday 1st December, so I was considering the travel options.





Because cheap advance booking train fares are still available, I thought maybe it was worth hopping on the train and cross North / Northwestern Germany by land which I%26#39;ve never done.





Question is, is it worthwhile ? Route is via Hannover-Bielefeld-Cologne, I know the Cologne to Brussels bit, but was wondering whether the scenery is worth it on the Berlin to Cologne leg.





Thanks for any hint,



Pedro




|||



It%26#39;s the same overall travel time anyway, so you don%26#39;t lose anything by deciding between train or plane. Northern Germany doesn%26#39;t offer any spectacular landscape, just normal flat terrain or rolling hills with towns, cities, farms, forests etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment