Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Train tickets from Munich Airport to Garmisch

I would like to know the procedure for buying a Bavarian Ticket at the Munich Airport, how to get from the airport to the train station and then to Garmisch. Does the Bavarian Ticket include the S Bahn to the train station AND to Garmisch? Please advise, I%26#39;m new at this and haven%26#39;t a clue as to what to do and how to do it.




|||



%26gt; I would like to know the procedure for buying a Bavarian Ticket at the Munich Airport,



You buy one. Either from one of the ticket machines or for EUR 2,00 more at the counter.





%26gt; how to get from the airport to the train station and then to Garmisch.



DB timetable



http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en



From: MUC



To: Garmisch-Partenkirchen





%26gt; Does the Bavarian Ticket include the S Bahn to the train station AND to Garmisch?



Yes. S-Bahn are however already considered as regional trains. And the S-Bahn station at Munich Airport is a train station.





Either S-Bahn S8 or S1 to Munich Hbf (the main train station) or to Munich Pasing and change there to a train to Garmisch.




|||



Welcome to the forum.



abalada is of course entirely correct, but I wonder why you post to Rothenburg forum?



Maybe Munich or Garmisch would get you more info on those areas. Rothenburg is several hours north of Munich, and even further from Garmsich.




|||



Hi, abalada,





Just an issue that I would appreciate to have your advice. I am planning my next trip to Germany next summer.





This past summer in August, I flew to Munich by Lufthansa and proceeded to the train station trying to buy train ticket in the machine. Apparently, the machine just showed German which I do not understand. Luckily a local helped me out.





I just wonder whether I had missed something or not, so that I could be able to manage my next trip with more comfort.





Tks





Kan




|||



The language options on the machine are indicated with flags. As long as you recognize the Union Jack you should not get any trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment