Tuesday, April 17, 2012

First Visit to Berlin: Hotel Reccommendations

We will be making our first visit to Berlin at the end of October.I have spent ages looking at hotels and am unsure which would be the best area of the city in which to stay.



My husband has taught History for many years and is most interested in the historical sights of the city.





All suggestions for areas and hotels gratefully received .





thanks !




|||



This will be my third visit to Berlin. I have stayed twice at the Westin Grand and this time booked Melia Berlin for location and great reviews.




|||



I just stayed at the Melia and it was great for location, price and quality.




|||



We stayed at Motel 1 in Mitte. It%26#39;s a modern chain hotel but was really clean and the staff were really good. It%26#39;s near Alexanderplatz and within walking distance of most of the historial sites. We walked down Unter den Linden to the Brandenburg gate which is what I always wanted to do and from there we walked to the Reichstag,Checkpoint Charlie and the Topography of Terror which still has parts of the Wall to see. Museum Island is within walking distance as is Bebelplatz where the infamous book burnings happened in 1933.





I saw everything I wanted to see in a couple of days as I was also mainly interested in the historical sites, so would recommend this area even if you didn;t fancy this hotel




|||



Last time i was in Berlin i stayed at AGON-ALDEA hotel right next to Bullowstrasse metro station on U2. Very nice and clean hotel, at the perfect location for me. Right in the middle of East and West Berlin. Just 2 stops from Wittenberg Platz and a few stops with U2 to East Berlin. I would suggest it to anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment