Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Castle Construction/Maintenance?

I was reviewing some of the pictures on here today and I came across a picture with Neuschwanstein covered in scaffolding on one its sides. The picture was dated Sept 09. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this. If it is, does anyone know when the maintence or construction will be finished?




|||



Autumn 2010.



I do however not now if they will also work on the other sides of the castle during this time. I.e. if the scaffolding will move or not.




|||



The side facing the Marienbruecke bridge still has scaffolding - I was there 10 days ago. The views are still breathtaking and the castle still looks magnificent - scaffolding et al.




|||



I forgot to mention this in my report - yes, the scaffolding is still up on the Marienbrucke side and when we visited (16 Oct) there was no access to the Marienbrucke at all!!! But that may have been because of the snow we had - perhaps it was icey and dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment