Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Loden coat - Loden Frey?

I want to buy a Loden coat when in Munich in November. Is Loden Frey the best bet? I bought one there 20 years ago during the winter sale which I think is usually in January.



I read somewhere they have an outlet - is that true? I want a ladies long Loden coat - traditional buttons the works. How much should I budget for that? Thanks.




|||



I priced the loden coats while in Oberammergau and Garmisch six years ago and the coats were between 300 and 400 American dollars then - I can%26#39;t imagine what the prices would be now. I went to a local flea market and got a gently used coat that was in perfect condition for 25 euros. I had to have it tailored once I got home and that only cost 30 dollars. So I got a fantastic deal!! The back of the coat is split so you can ride a bike in the coat like any other German lady!





I knew better than to buy in either town since the prices there are really high. I have no clue what the prices are like now. Good Luck! I love my coat and I hope you will get a great deal.




|||



Definitely better selection in Munich, quite expensive...Otherwise, Ebay %26amp; others online also have some from USD 189; shipping worldwide..



vintage: http://www.thefind.com/search?query=Loden+Frey



atlantavintageonline.com (as of today EST 5:49pm)



Probably, if you want the original Loden Frey, buy it in Munich. Otherwise John Partridge in UK has some;



www.sierratradingpost.com/Product.aspx…





Sorry -long web, cut %26amp; paste only....Good Luck!




|||



All large department stores will sell the coats you are after. Price varies on quality. Plenty of places around Marienplatz to chose from: Karstadt, Ludwig Beck etc etc




|||



Hi calenita,





Yes, those coats are really incredibly lovely, -- but not inexpensive.





I bought myself a long one from a store here in Garmisch in the Spring, thinking I would get a good after-season sale. Ha! The coats start at about 300E and then go up. Brace yourself .. ..





s




|||



There is indeed a Loden Frey outlet. You can take the underground train to the station Olympia Einkaufszentrum and walk there.





Loden-Frey-Outlet



Triebstrasse 36-38



D-80993 München-Moosach



Tel.: 0 89/14 90 08 10



Fax: 14 90 08 80




|||



...dont expect american style %26#39;outlet%26#39; prices at OEZ...

No comments:

Post a Comment