Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best Area for Christmas Markets

Hello





I am travelling to Berlin for the Christmas Markets in December.





I have found a great deal for the Park Inn on Alexanderplatz. The only thing concerning me about this hotel is the bathroom layout as I may be sharing a room with someone.





Can anyone tell me if this is a good location for seeing the various Christmas Markets. I%26#39;ve done some research and there seems to be a good few in the general area.





Or do you think there is a better area to stay in to visit the various markets and if so where would you recommend basing yourself?





Thank you in advance for any help.




|||



Hi,



Alexanderplatz is very central and you can get to all the main Christmas markets very easily from there. I have no idea what the hotel is like though.



There is a market directly on Alexanderplatz, although not the best. Try the one in Spandau or on Winterfeldplatz in Schöneberg. You can walk to the market outside the state opera from Alexanderplatz and also to the one at the Rote Rathaus in Mitte.



Just lately there has been a proliferation of Christmas markets. But if it%26#39;s your first time visiting them in Germany, you%26#39;ll probably find them all pretty and quaint. The lights in Berlin at Christmas time are wonderful.




|||



Thank you.





I%26#39;ve been to Christmas markets before both in Cologne, Dusseldorf and Krakow. But this is my first time in Berlin.





I think we%26#39;ve decided against this hotel the whole bathroom thing won%26#39;t suit as I will probably be sharing a room with a older family friend and the glass wall bathroom doesn%26#39;t appeal.





I%26#39;m back to to the drawing board again hotel wise, I am now looking at the Mercure Checkpoint Charlie and trying to find out how near it is to the markets, bars, restaurants etc....




|||



Hi





I%26#39;ve just found a good deal to Grand Hotel Esplanade



Lützowufer 15, D-10785 Berlin.





Can anyone tell me if this location is central and if it would be a good place to stay to visit the various christmas markets and the tourist sites?





I%26#39;ve also found good deals for NH Friedrichstrasse and Derag Hotel Grosser Kurfuerst Neue Roßstraße 11-12 10179 Berlin





Do you think any one of these area tops the others?





Any help or advice would be great



Thank you




|||



Check out Melia Berlin. Well located in Mitte, large rooms and very nice rates for that period. We booked for 80E per night.




|||



I just had a look at the Melia and it looks lovely. I%26#39;ll add it to my list.





At the moment I%26#39;m trying to figure out where to stay so I was easily get to a variety of the Christmas Markets and tourist sites as well as having somewhere to eat and drink at night nearby.





Thanks again




|||



We are going for the markets and chose the Melia for it%26#39;s proximity of markets, public transport and lots of dining.




|||



Thanks caviargal





Can I ask where you say the price for €80 per night, the cheapest I have found is over €100 per night.





Thanks for the help so far




|||



I booked on SolMelia.com for 4 nights, arriving 26 November.




|||



One of the best Xmas markets at Gendarmenmarkt would be within walking distance of the Melía.




|||



Thanks for all the help but we changed our minds at the last minute as we got a good deal for Cologne but I%26#39;ll remember everything for when i finally get to go to Berlin.





Thanks again

No comments:

Post a Comment