Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Travel by train from Berlin to Lviv, Ukraine

I will be in Berlin May 2010 and then I thought of travelling by train to Lviv instead of flying via Vienna. I have about 3-4 days spare. I would prefer day travel instead overnight. Can anyone suggest the best routes to take? What Eurail Pass will I need to purchase?




|||



No Eurail pass at all - forget about it, since it works only until Polish-Ukrainian border + regular tickets cost less.



If you have enough money you can go with direct carriage Berlin-Lviv or everyday train Berlin-Kyiv till Kovel. I would advice second option because of timetable 15:15-9:10. From Kovel to Lviv use the bus, since there is no trains at that time of the day.



Cheaper option is overnight train from Berlin to Krakow + bus to Lviv or train to the Ukrainian border (Przemysl)+ minubus to Lviv from the border.



You can as well take a look at europetrainsguide.com/200907155/Countries/Uk…




|||



Thank you for your info %26#39;Vasp%26#39;



It seems all too hard at the Polish border. My research shows that the buses travel 5 hours to Lviv %26amp; get there late at night.



Your link to the europe trains was very helpful. Thanks again %26amp; back to the drawing board..





Kozzie

No comments:

Post a Comment