Thursday, April 12, 2012

Boppard to Moselkern by bus?

I think the VRM website told me that I can take a bus from Boppard to Moselkern at 8:50 a.m. for about 6€ - but my German is very weak and I can%26#39;t be sure.





That sounds a little faster and easier than changing trains in Koblenz.





But of course I couldn%26#39;t tell if a change of buses is also required.





Can someone please set me straight?




|||



The VRM timetable is also available in English



http://212.66.132.211/cgi-bin/assRoute.cgi?formID=assFormRoute%26amp;actionID=externefahrt%26amp;framesetFile=vrm%2Fvrm_auskunft.html%26amp;formFile=vrm%2FassRouteVRM.html%26amp;auskunftFile=vrm%2FassRouteAuskunftVRM.html%26amp;auskunftFileText=vrm%2FassRouteAuskunftSimpleVRM.html%26amp;langFile=langGB.tmpl%26amp;ROUTEN_SUCHEN=NORMAL



But the DB timetable is easier to use.



http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en





I see however no connection at 08:50 by bus. Only a regional train to Koblenz.



That a bus is faster is anyway unlikely, as the VRM buses tend to stop at every village. Tariff is the same as VRM tickets cover regional trains and buses as well.





VRM single ticket Boppard to Moselkern is EUR 9,50. Day ticket is EUR 17,00. Mini group (2-5 persons) day ticket is EUR 20,00. The mini group day ticket is however on weekdays only valid past 9am.




|||



Thanks, I%26#39;ll stick with the train.





The English websites are good, but as soon as I start specifying details the pages come up in German only. I%26#39;ll start my lessons tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment